Are you planning to go hiking? are you looking for the best pair of hiking shoes?
Do you know how to buy the best waterproof shoes for hiking?
Whether you are a professional hiker or an amateur hiker,one thing is for sure for hiking you need the best shoes to tackle the trails during hiking.
Before Buying A Pair Of Hiking Shoes You Should Know Why You Need Specific Hiking Shoes And What Are The Benefits Of Those Hiking Shoes
Lightweight Hiking Shoes
Since you are a hiker and when you hike, you have to walk a long day, so you need shoes that should be lightweight and can reduce strain on your back and legs while hiking the whole day.
Wearing a lightweight pair of shoes for hiking all day will reduce the fatigue and you will not feel any extra burden while hiking and will keep your feet comfortable and relaxed.
Proper Support And Stability In Shoes.
During your hiking, you will pass through some uneven surfaces like rocky surfaces, branches, hard tree roots, for this purpose you need a pair of hiking shoes having proper support and stability which can prevent twisted feet and ankles during hiking on different kinds of surfaces.
When you Hiking you pass through different kinds of weather conditions and objects. Sometimes the weather is rainy where you face wet, cold and slippery surfaces and sometimes very hot weather. Your shoes for hiking should have proper protection especially on your toe which keeps safe your feet from any moisture and keeps your feet dry during hiking.
How To Select the Best and Right Pair of Hiking Shoes?
What things should you consider before choosing shoes for hiking?
Hiking Shoes with Short Ankle
- Shoes Should be Lightweight and you don’t feel heavy while carrying your backpack load and you can feel easy and comfortable.
- Those hiking shoes should have a flexible midsole that can bend slightly when the weight of load comes and you can easily bend your toes.
- Make sure shoes should have a good range of movement in your foot-ankle area.
- Shoes that don’t give you that much enough stability for your long hikes on uneven surfaces and terrain.
Hiking Shoes with Mid Cut
- These types of shoes have a low rise top for your ankle movement or should have mid-rise top stability of your ankle.
- These shoes are ideal if you go for a hike of two or three days and carry a lightweight of the backpack.
Hiking Shoes With High Cut.
- These kinds of shoes are more durable, these shoes having cut above your foot ankle that provides your feet extra support while hiking. These shoes are stiff and very stable.
- Hiking shoes with high cuts are suitable if you are carrying a heavy load in your backpack, this type of shoes will not put pressure on your knees, ankle, and your feet and will keep it very comfortable that you can hike easily.
- If you are hiking you need the type of shoes that can provide your ankle proper support so these high cut shoes have proper support for your ankle and will help to less likely roll your ankle while hiking on uneven surfaces.
- While hiking you walk on surfaces like rocky terrain so the shoes with the high cut will prevent you from getting into your shoes, stones, sticks, or other things while hiking.
- High cut shoes you can call heavy-duty shoes as well because these are best if you go for a number of days hiking and you have a heavy load that you will carry while hiking, high cut shoes are best for that purpose.
Material And Parts Of Hiking Shoes.
You need to check the below things in hiking shoes before buying it.
Upper Of The Shoes
Shoes upper determined how its quality it is waterproof, durable and breathable or not
So you need to check it properly in the upper of the shoes.
Leather Upper Hiking Shoes.
- Shoes with full-grain leather are the most suitable and best hiking shoes for rough and difficult conditions; these are good options but heavy in the weight.
- Nubuck upper hiking shoes are full of grain leather. These types of shoes are durable and good for tough conditions of hiking and are also water-resistant.
- Shoes upper with split-grain, this leather having a smooth exterior and have been split in two. This combination makes shoes lightweight and breathable for hot weather conditions but this type is less waterproof and also has less durability.
Hiking Shoes with Synthetic Upper
- Shoes with polyester or nylon are not very durable, very light in weight and dry and breakfast so you should know before choosing these shoes for hiking.
- Shoes with mesh uppers are very breathable and are good if you hiking in hot weather conditions will keep your feet cool while hiking, this type of shoes are not waterproof so don’t use these shoes if you go hiking in a wet area.
- Shoes with waterproof membranes are ideal for the rainy area or wet area hiking but the flaw of this type of shoes is they are not breathable so your feet will get sweaty if the condition is hot.
- Shoes with insulated uppers will keep your feet warm if you are hiking in extremely cold conditions and the best part of the shoes, these dry fast the shoes when shoes get wet, so good choice for extremely cold and wet areas hiking.
Hiking Shoes Mid Sole
- The midsole is an important part of any shoe. It always provides cushioning and stiffness and keeps your feet comfortable and stable while walking, hiking, etc.If the shoe midsole is thicker its mean shoes will provide more support to your feet.
- Check that shoes you’re buying for hiking make sure that shoes should have a midsole should shock absorbent and have cushioning to absorb shocks when step or jumps while hiking on surfaces.
- The midsole of polyurethane is very good because this type of midsole shoes are durable and heavier in weight are best suitable if you want to go for long hiking
- Midsole made of EVA this type of midsole shoes are suitable if you want to use it for short hiking. These shoes have extra cushioning.
- Midsole with Have Shanks is ideal if you are hiking and carrying the heavy load it will provide you support between the shoe mod sole and outer sole.
- Midsole shoes having plates underneath the shank will protect your feet bottom from rocks and hard surfaces during hiking.
- The breathable midsole will keep your feet dry due to that it will prevent your feet from bacteria and bad odors.
- Hiking shoe midsoles that are insulated are warmer because that insulation will trap the heat and will make your feet warmer if you are hiking in extremely cold weather conditions.
Outer Sole Of Hiking Shoes
- Outer sole of shoes will give your feet a grip and proper stability and will keep your feet comfortable. If the outsole of the shoes is stiffer it will keep your feet more comfortable while hiking.
- Most of the shoe outsoles are made from rubber which gives your feet more grip while hiking.
- Some Shoes’ outer sole is made of rubber carbon which makes the shoes harder and durable but doesn’t provide much grip while hiking on the surfaces.
- Outer sole of shoes have lugs that provide your feet a better grip and it’s easy to clear out the mud from the shoes if you get during your hiking.
- Hiking shoe outsoles with the thick and deep-set are better for traction and disperse water more efficiently so good if you are hiking in rainy or areas where water, these type of outsole shoes are ideal for those conditions.
Hiking Shoes Size And Fitting
Fitting and shoe size for hiking is as important as for other shoes so before buying the shoe size and fitting related consider below points for buying shoes.
- The Length of the shoes should be accurate, always measure your feet properly and check the shoes.
- When choosing hiking shoes after wearing them make sure that you can easily wiggle your toes both of feet and don’t feel any pressure and tightness in your toes.
- Most people have one foot bigger than the other foot. If you have the same issue then you should choose shoes for hiking shoes that fit your bigger foot and you feel comfortable while wearing and walking.
- Make sure when you wear the shoes your foot shouldn’t slide around inside the shoes it sits fit in the shoes.
- Your foot should properly fit the space inside in the shoes snugly and you feel secure and comfortable.
- In case your foot and volume don’t match then you can end up with a blister and black toenails which hurt your feet badly and will make you uncomfortable in your hiking.
- When you want to buy the shoes for hiking, experts suggest always go shopping when your feet swell like late in the day after your work because late in the day your feet are at their largest and by this way you can choose best-fit shoes for hiking.
- If you always wear socks with your hiking shoes so you must wear them while checking the new shoes that you can get fit and proper comfortable shoes.
- If you use any orthotics, cushion, or ankle strap in your hiking shoes so while trying shoes must wear it that you can get an accurate fit size.
- When you choose any shoes for hiking before buying, you must wear it and walk around for a while so that you can make sure that shoes are comfortable and keep your feet relaxed while wearing and walking.
Buying shoes for hiking always go for a quality product, never compromise on the quality of shoes since you are buying for hiking and if you get any low-quality product and during hiking, if those shoes get broken it will be a terrible situation for you. So always go for best and quality shoes.
If you have some foot issue always get the advice of expert or specialist that can advice best suitable shoes for hiking which should be durable, comfortable and best for hiking.